Please follow!!

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Ron Artest Wants Name Change

The wild, adventurous, and crazy Los Angeles Lakers forward Ron Artest wants to change his name Metta World Peace.

As ridiculous as this moniker is, Artest is serious and has already filed a legal petition to get his name altered.

Of course, Ron Artest isn't the only athlete to change his name as Chad Johnson changed his last name to Ochocinco, but I don't think anyone saw this coming. However, I'm definitely not surprised by this considering Ron's past actions.



From the "Malice at the Palace", to selling his championship ring for charity, to drinking liquor at halftime during games, to his weird hairstyles, to his hilarious interview after the 2010 NBA Finals, Artest has definitely done many erratic things. I could expand to this list, but I don't know how long that will take.

I can just see the commentator like the stupid Mike Breen saying, "How ironic! Peace gets a technical for punching a player in the face. How's that for World Peace."

And then Van Gundy says something even dumber like, "Hey. I like his name. Maybe I will change my name too. How about I change my name to Hand Down ManDown. I think Marc Jackson would be proud of that."

No comments:

Post a Comment